Assurex Health Myriad Genetics
- Contributed to the strategic transition of Assurex Health to Myriad Genetics in an up to $410 million transaction
- Generated more than $4 million in savings through vendor negotiations
- Reduced cost per unit by 30% through implementing lean processes
- Successfully provided 50% scalability for testing capacity utilizing current staff
- Lead the plan, design, and implementation of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Data Analysis process
- Developed the world’s only Biorepository of Psychotropic samples
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Department of Anatomic Pathology,
Human Tissue Resource Network (HTRN)
- Directly increased revenue up to 50%; Improved patient care by reducing the turn-around time for a patient’s diagnosis
- Improved turn-around time through automated lab processes, standardized workflow in each area of Anatomic Pathology’s clinical areas under the HTRN
- Developed dashboards for complete transparency of work volumes and productivity
- Evaluated and corrected improper patient billing in accordance with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes
- Advanced the care and treatment of patients by expanding the testing by implementing molecular tests that never existed
- Monitored and directed over pathology laboratory clinical trials for both patient treatment and research endeavors
- Oversaw the creation of a tissue biorepository and the bioinformatics pipeline
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
Laboratory Operations Anatomic Pathology
- Expanded the test menu for Histology, Electron Microscopy, & Immunohistochemistry
- Contributions positively impacted the fiscal budget more than five years in a row
- Created a high complexity molecular laboratory from conception to sustained production
- Awarded medical patent for molecular testing that reduced pediatric transplant deaths >90%
- Seven patent pending applications
- Designed and Implemented the first Laboratory Informatics Management System (LIMS) for the department
- Created the laboratory program to hire people with special needs and placed them in job-specific roles utilizing each person’s unique strengths
- Co-created the first Research Morphology Core at CCHMC.
Biorepository Core Facility was brought to fruition.
Authored 36 scientific journal publications, 17 abstracts.
Work was published on the cover of 15 individual peer-reviewed scientific journal covers.
Recognized by four national societies for contributions to the advancement of medical care.